Get Help To Relax And Banish Negative Thoughts

Try Subliminal Audio For Free!

Tuesday 25 January 2011

Extra Sleep May Help Kids' Weight

A recent study shows the positive effect, extra sleep can have on children and their weight.

The study in the Pediatrics Journal, shows sleeping-in on weekends, can help reverse the negative effects of irregular sleep patterns, on young bodies.

Doctors monitored sleep patterns and body masses for 300 kids, between the ages of four and ten. Children who didn't make up the sleep they lost during the week, gained more weight.

Children with increased body mass indexes, were more likely to be obese in their later years.

This report is from CBS 42 News. It reverses everything I learnt when I was young when I believed that sleeping more would make me fat! I guess we need the right amount of sleep to maintain our "normal" metabolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment